BABI today, still holding true to our original values and purpose, has four key program areas funded by the Qld Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, Qld Department Education and Training, Qld Department of Housing and Public Works and Brisbane City Council.
- Same House Different Landlord (SHDL) for parents under 25 years and their children
- CAP Family properties for parents under 25 years and their children
- Semi-independent share houses for young people 16 to 21 years
- 8 independent units for young people 17 to 21 years
All young people in supported accommodation have their own case manager and receive tailored support services to assist them in their personal growth, living skills and transition to independence
Youth support services focus on four key results, which are to help young people connect to positive family support, get a job or engage in training or education, lead a healthy and violence-free life and have a safe, stable place to live.
Case Management and support
For young people aged 12 to 18 years of age who are at risk of: disconnection from their family/community/support networks; disengagement from school, training and/or employment; harm, including self-harm; and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Get Set For Work Project
Provides young people aged 15-19 years with nationally recognised training, combined with integrated learning support measures and foundation skills, that will enable them to successfully transition to participate productively in employment and/or further education and training
Provides services to family members, those who are parenting, whole families and community groups in relation to families with children and young people (unborn to 18 years) who find themselves in vulnerable situations but are not currently subject to statutory child protection intervention.
- Parenting & Enjoying Teenagers group for the parents of adolescents
- Other programs (based on needs) that focus on building strong families
In line with Brisbane City Councils Youth Strategy provides young people 12-25 a range of positive activities and projects throughout the year. Services focuses on youth development and engagement strategies to improve young people’s well-being by enhancing opportunities for their participation in the social, cultural and economic life of the community.
- Linx Youth Space
- Personal and Social Development Programs (ie life skills, physical/mental wellbeing)
- School Holiday Programs & Activities
- Youth & Community Projects and Events
BABI Youth & Family Service delivers professional high quality support services which are accessible to all people, with a particular focus on assisting the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Services are delivered within a framework of strengths, respect and collaboration.
Other Services include:
- Information and Referral
- Community Education
- Community Development
- Early Intervention and Prevention Programs