The Parenting & Enjoying Teenagers program is a relaxed, informative and enjoyable 6 week group for the parents/carers of teens. The program runs numerous times throughout the year and is delivered in both Wynnum and the Redlands.
Program content includes:
- understanding teenagers and their developing brain
- the importance of developing a quality relationship and positive attachment with teens
- Setting limits and boundaries
- effective communication skills and engaging in active listening,
- utilising constructive problem solving skills, consequences and rewards
- managing anger (theirs and yours),
- promoting parent’s self-care,
- Exploring a range of teen hot topics including: sex, drugs, alcohol, cyber safety, driving to name a few.
Program Cost: $60 per individual ; $90 a couple (negotiable in circumstances – please ask)
PAST PARTICIPANTS TESTIMONY:
“I have a different outlook on my children, and other tools in my parenting belt”
“This course saved my relationships with my kids and my-self and gave me opportunities for new friendships”
“It has helped me to keep my expectations realistic to contribute toward a more positive, less aggressive/toxic/negative household “.
For further information about the next group and to book your place in the Parenting & Enjoying Teenagers Program, please contact BABI on 3393 4176 or complete the following form.