Feedback & Complaints

Neighbourhood Issues


BABI manages various community housing properties in the Wynnum, Manly and Redlands areas. For property management you can find further information by clicking here.

The Queensland Department of Justice have produced a Neighbourhood Mediation Kit for self managed dispute resolution options. We encourage all members of the community to firstly attempt resolving an issues directly with whom your issue relates where safe to do so. BABI can support you in this process where the issue relates to a tenancy we manage.

Alternatively, if you have attempted to resolve a specific tenancy issue or tenancy-related complaint (e.g. excessive noise/property damage) please complete our online Neighbourhood Complaints form or contact our office directly.

PLEASE NOTE:  It is not part of BABI’s tenancy management role to respond to personal grievances and disagreements for more information please contact our Office on 3393 4176 .


To develop and improve our service we would like to know what you think.  As well as aspects you found useful, we also want to know how we can improve the service. Your input can be anonymous, if you wish and contributes to ongoing evaluation of how we meet your needs and the needs of community. For general feedback please complete the online form at the bottom of this page.

For current or past clients who have engaged with our service  and wish to provide feedback please complete our online survey.


 Complaints & Client Appeals

You have the right to complain  or appeal decisions made by the organisation without fear of it affecting the service you receive. Complaints and appeals will be dealt with fairly, quickly and confidentially.  As a service user, you may register a complaint in a variety of ways: verbally, over the telephone (3393 4176), in writing, or through a formal Complaint Form available  from our Office at 34 Bay Terrace, Wynnum Central.

A complaint can be formal or informal; formal complaints are required in writing.  You may use our Client Complaint Form for written complaints or our Client Appeals Form for further consideration of decisions made within the organisation/team your are receiving services from.

You  may like a support person to help you make a complaint.  This might be another BABI worker, interpreter, friend, family, or representative from another service. The following steps are to be used as a guide and at any time you may skip a step if it is better to move to another step.

The Steps You Can Take:

Step One

Approach the staff member concerned to seek an explanation.  If you do not feel  comfortable with approaching that person on your own, you can ask another BABI worker to help you with this   eg discuss what to do, or to go with you

Step Two

If you are still unhappy after talking directly with the person concerned, then you may wish to approach the Services Manager to discuss the matter further

Step Three

You can choose to approach the General Manager to discuss the matter

Step Four

You can approach the BABI Board of Management

Step Five

You can meet with an independent mediator (agreeable to both yourself and BABI) to discuss the issue with both parties

Step Six

You can choose to discuss the matter with an external body, which includes the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services to discuss the issue, Local MP, Dispute Resolution Branch, and  Queensland Ombudsmen.