BABI manages various community housing properties in the Wynnum, Manly and Redlands areas. For property management you can find further information by clicking here.
The Queensland Department of Justice have produced a Neighbourhood Mediation Kit for self managed dispute resolution options. We encourage all members of the community to firstly attempt resolving an issues directly with whom your issue relates where safe to do so. BABI can support you in this process where the issue relates to a tenancy we manage.
Alternatively, if you have attempted to resolve a specific tenancy issue or tenancy-related complaint (e.g. excessive noise/property damage) please complete our online Neighbourhood Complaints form or contact our office directly.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not part of BABI’s tenancy management role to respond to personal grievances and disagreements for more information please contact our Office on 3393 4176 .
To develop and improve our service we would like to know what you think. As well as aspects you found useful, we also want to know how we can improve the service. Your input can be anonymous, if you wish and contributes to ongoing evaluation of how we meet your needs and the needs of community.
In addition further feedback may be sought by individual BABI programs, groups or by our service in general, using surveys or feedback forms at regular intervals. We also value receiving your feedback at the end of any service we provide. For general feedback please complete the online form at the bottom of this page.
For current or past clients who have engaged with our service and wish to provide feedback please complete our online survey.
Complaints & Appeals
You have the right to complain or appeal decisions made by the organisation without fear of it affecting the service you receive. Complaints and appeals will be dealt with fairly, quickly and confidentially. As a service user, you may register a complaint in a variety of ways: verbally, over the telephone (3393 4176), in writing, or through a formal Complaint/Appeals Form available from our Office at 34 Bay Terrace, Wynnum Central.
You can also choose to complete the online form at the bottom of this page.
Although anonymous complaints will be accepted and acted upon, if insufficient information is provided, it may impact on how BABI Youth and Family Service can deal with the complaint or whether it deals with it at all.
You may like a support person to help you make a complaint. This might be another BABI worker, interpreter, friend, family, or representative from another service.
The following steps are to be used as a guide and at any time you may skip a step if it is better to move to another step.
The Steps You Can Take:
- Approach the staff member or Services Manager concerned to seek an explanation.
- If you do not feel comfortable with approaching that person on your own, you can ask another BABI worker to help you with this eg discuss what to do, or to go with you.
- If you are still unhappy after talking directly with the person concerned, then you may wish to talk to or write to the General Manager to discuss the matter further.
- The General Manager will acknowledge the receipt of your complaint within 5 working days. The General Manager will then investigate your complaint and let you know of the outcome within 21 working days.
- If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a request in writing to BABI Board of Management, to review the decision.
- You can choose to discuss the matter with an external body, which includes the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women, the Department of Housing and Public Works or the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training to discuss the issue, Local MP, Dispute Resolution Centre, Queensland Ombudsmen or RTA. We are happy to give you the contacts for these upon your request. Please contact BABI Office on 3393 4176.