Get Set for Work is one of seven programs that form part of the Queensland Government’s Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative and it aims to improve the skills, employment opportunities and social inclusion of disadvantaged Queenslanders.
Get Set for Work aims to provide young people aged 15-19 years with nationally recognised training, combined with integrated learning support measures and foundation skills, that will enable them to successfully transition to employment and/or further education and training.
Who does the program support?
Get Set for Work provides intensive support to young people 15-19 years who:
- already left school or at risk of disengaging from school
- are ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance
- have significant barriers to learning and employment and require support to overcome these barriers
- have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
BABI works in partnership with Designer Life to deliver the Get Set For Work program in order to maximize the positive outcomes for young people.
The program runs over 8 weeks and focuses on integrated learner support including career advice and job preparation skills with additional ongoing support and case management for up to 12 months. The program is delivered at no cost to participant.
Young people will get a chance to:
- Complete a Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways Step4ward into Work
- Participate in life skills, outdoor education and adventure based learning
- Participate in Work Experience and Industry Visits
- Receive ongoing support to overcome anything that may be stopping them to find work or go on to further study.
What young people will need to succeed:
- Attend our Get Set For Work orientation day
- Be willing to learn
- Able to commit to an 8 week program
- Participate in and complete work experience
- Be willing to engage in ongoing support to address barriers to finding employment