BABI Youth & Family Service welcomes feedback from the community and complaints, particularly regarding disturbances of the peace in the/your neighbourhood. The Queensland Department of Justice have produced a Neighbourhood Mediation Kit for self managed dispute resolution options. We encourage all members of the community to firstly attempt resolving an issues directly with whom your issue relates where safe to do so. BABI can support you in this process where the issue relates to a tenancy we manage. Alternatively free support is available in the community around neighbourhood medition.
As we manage numerous properties in the Wynnum, Manly and Redlands areas we cannot act if issues are not brought to our attention after attempting to self manage a resolution where safe to do so. If you have unsuccessfully attempted to resolve a specific tenancy issue or tenancy-related complaint (e.g. excessive noise/property damage) please complete our online Neighbourhood Complaints form at the bottm of this page or contact our office directly.
Our Online Neighbourhood Complaints Form was developed to make it easier for neighbours of, and tenants in, BABI properties to provide direct feedback and complaints regarding management of our properties.
Please include information about things witnessed, heard or general concerns you may have. This information is anonymous (where requested) and we endeavour to promptly and professionally respond to complaints received, in a confidential and sensitive manner. If you would like us to keep you informed of the progress and actions taken place in relation to a neighbourhood issue please include your contact information and consent to do so.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not part of BABI’s tenancy management role to respond to personal grievances or indifference’s.
Please understand the following:
• Where you are concerned about your own safety or the safety of others, or the disturbance involves the commission of an offence, BABI strongly encourages you to call the Police on 000. Where you are concerned about the safety of children BABI endorses any notification to Child Safety by phoning 1800 177 135 / 3235 9999 (A/H) or 3324 5400.
• The Neighbourhood Complaint Form (below) is only for use in making tenancy-related complaints (e.g. excessive noise/property damage). It is not part of BABI’s tenancy management role to respond to personal grievances and disagreements.
• BABI is bound by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act (QLD) 2008. This legislation defines the rights and responsibilities of both tenants and landlords and our tenancy management workers respond within the bounds and limits set out in this legislation.
• BABI is also bound by the Information Privacy Act (QLD) 2009 and so is unable to discuss the circumstances of our tenants, or our interaction with them, without their express formal consent. This is the law and is non-negotiable.
• Please provide your feedback in a respectful manner. BABI is a valuable community support service for young people and does not tolerate any form of harassment, violence or abusive behaviour. Messages and complaints that are abusive toward BABI workers or tenants will not be responded to.