All BABI Youth programs provide young people with opportunities and resources to participate in active and healthy lifestyles and contribute to building stronger, healthier communities.
BABI recognizes the importance of supportive communities and safe places that provide opportunities for youth participation, leadership, learning, skill development, networking and social connectedness. For this reason, we aim to encourage greater community participation in supporting young people to develop their strengths and their capacity to make positive life choices.
Our Youth programs focus on:
- Offering support and housing options to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Providing programs to young people which enhance young people’s opportunities to engage in training and employment.
- Providing intensive practical support and case management to young people in order to increase their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Offering safe spaces for social interaction and enhancing young people’s sense of community and a sense of belonging.
- Delivering positive youth workshops and activities that aim to enhance young people’s self-esteem and confidence as well as social skills.
- Building on young people’s existing support networks and enhancing their sense of safety in their family and the community in which they live.
- Providing information and referral to other specialized services based on young people’s needs. (eg drug and alcohol, mental health etc)
For more information on our Youth Programs please contact BABI on 3393 4176.