Youth Support service provides holistic, individualized, practical and case management support to at-risk young people 12 -21yrs of age who are living in the Wynnum and Redland areas.
Who is eligible
Young people aged between 12 and 18 from the Wynnum/Manly and Redlands areas who are:
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- not at school and not working
- engaged with Youth Justice or Child Safety or at risk of it
- disconnected from family and community
- in need of support with physical/mental health
Service offers planned support towards achieving goals within the young person’s priority areas for change. Support is delivered to young person in the context of their family wherever possible. It focuses on reconnecting young people with natural and community supports.
We can help young people to
- connect with family and community,
- find safe, stable places to live
- engage in education, training or employment
- maintain reasonable physical and emotional health
- access other support agencies and specialist services
We can also link youth with whatever other type of help they need along the way. And if they give us their permission we can work with any other people in their life, such as family, friends, school or government agencies.
The service is tailored to the individual young people’s needs and while the service is not time-limited, it is purposeful and works towards achieving goals to enable young people to develop skills and resilience in order to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
For more information or to make a referral to the Youth Support Program please contact BABI on 3393 4176.
This program is funded by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.